Today, April 12, the Province announced that we are to move to teacher-led, remote learning following the Spring Break on April 19, 2021.
From the announcement, the following information has been provided:
- While schools have been safe places for learning throughout the pandemic and in-school transition rates remain low, increased rates of community spread poses a threat to the health and safety of school communities
- Schools will move to teacher-led, remote learning when students return from the April break on April 19, 2021.
- Child care for non-school aged children will remain open.
- Before and after school programs will be closed.
- Free emergency child care for the school-aged children of eligible health care and frontline workers will be provided.
- Information concerning in-person support for students with complex special education needs who require additional support that cannot be accommodated through remote learning will be provided later this week.
We will provide you with further information over the upcoming days, prior to our return after the April Break, to assist in our transition back to teacher-led remote learning.
We thank you for your continued support in providing a safe school community for all staff and students and thank you for your understanding as we continue to respond to the Ministry direction.